Redmond Tree Lighting 2019
Solo Project | City of Redmond | December 2019
For the 2019 Redmond Tree Lighting event, I was contracted to create a short game (15-30 seconds per round) for an audience of all ages. Unfortunately I was contacted only two days before the event took place, being given only five hours to create the product requested. Working with the Senior Executive Vice President of DigiPen, we decided to create a Pachinko style game. Players controlled a festive box, collecting ornaments as they fell from the tree. Players who were able to collect 5 or more ornaments before time ran out received a candy-cane as a prize.
For this project I was responsible for:
- Designing and implemented Pachinko style gameplay Unity (C#).
- Implementing controls for both gamepad and keyboard support.
- Using particles and other elements to create strong user feedback.
- Testing different aspect ratios and resolutions for projection.
- Applying patches and bug fixes as per event runner request.